Friday, February 8, 2008

Dr. Dobson... Too Litttle.... Too Late!!!!

I know I am going to offend some folks on this one but this is one of those things that has to be said in spite of the annoyance because it is the truth, at least as far as I can see. If Dr. Dobson wants to enlighten us further I will gladly ammend the details but right now this is how it stands... So with further word count inflating... Bill O'Rielly would call it Bloviating... ;) My critical critique of the Dobson endorsement of Huckabee.

I have a real bone to pick with one man today for is "endorsement" of Mike Huckabee as the only conservative left. That man is Dr. Dobson, who I have the greatest amounts of respect and admiration for him on other matters of discussion especially matter of the Family. But frankly speaking I see through his BS endorsement of Huckabee this morning. He in my oppinion all but endorsed Mitt Romney a few days ago but came short of doing so. I have looked at it from several sides and the only answer for why he didn't is a very bigoted reason (which saddens me greatly). He assumed that he could attack McCain and not endorse Romney's only other rival and have us read between the lines as to who he really secretly supported was Mitt Romney. Yes that is what he ment by the letter he sent to Laura Ingram on the eve of Super Tuesday, she had been Mitt's greatest advocate and he knew that by sending her this closet endorsment she would read it and all of us would understand and be willing to vote just like he wanted without ever having to dirty his image in the South. I believe his endorsement given weeks earlier would have made a difference in some of the Southern States. His strategy and obtusiveness backfired on the country and now we all must deal with the reality that we face. To be fair though he wasn't the only one who just didn't get it until it was too late, but he is the most prominate of the bunch. So where does that leave us? John McCain is our man. YUCK! If we are lucky Mitt will accept the VP spot if McCain is smart enough to offer it.

No comments: